Meeting Logistics: Tue, Jul 1, 11-12:30 pm in Stadium 367
Expert v. Novice Learners - continued
- Taking the Load Off a Learner's Mind: Instructional Design for Complex Learning - by Jeroen J. G. van Merrienboer; Paul A. Kirschner; Liesbeth Kester (Sending via e-mail to participants due to webfiles issues.)
View the MindMap for Taking a Load Off a Learner's Mind!
- Expert learner - Curator - Producer - by F.R. Nordengren
Some questions to consider:
1) When do you see expert learners slip into novice learning mode? Why?
2) How can educators reduce cognitive load for novice learners?
3) Where should clicker questions fall in the learning task spectrum when teaching novice learners?